Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Week's Round-up--Spring Cleaning!

This week has been a complete "Spring Cleaning" type of week. I've been doing so much organizing, reorganizing, decorating and deep cleaning. Homework has been a little neglected, but I'm sure it won't be too brokenhearted. I also got to work on some new little projects, since there were birthdays coming up. And I've made a few sales in my Etsy shop which is incredibly exciting!  There are few things that are better than actually getting to sell your work.

The biggest accomplishment of the week was cleaning off the balcony.  Ever since we moved in, there was a pile of garbage full of empty bottles, cans and meat containers.  The huge garbage can filled with snow over the winter and everything rotted.  It smelled completely awful.  But now I can look out my back window and not have to see a gigantic pile of crud.  We also strung some lights around the back so we could have little soiree's during the summer :)

soi·ree 

[swah-rey]

–noun
an evening party or social gathering, especially one held for aparticular purpose: a musical soiree.


Along with the rest of my big cleaning projects, I went through drawers such as the jewelry and make-up drawer and sorted through everything.  While many of us can forget of these places, they tend to pile up a bunch of unusable items that just take up space (and my home has too little space to be taking up excess!).


I also took a trip to Goodwill for a few decorative items for the house.  I found some beautiful china to use as a soap dish a spoon rest.  Not only that, but I found the greatest skirt by Style & Co. for $4!  It's somewhat like this, but a little shorter and the pattern is smaller.  I can't stress it enough--Thrift stores are the place to be!

Here are some of the projects I did this week.  I had so much fun figuring out some new things and really  appreciated some fabric Christine gave me.  It took a while to figure out how to get the machine to like it since it had embroidery all over, but I think I got it down.  I also tried my hand at some smaller bags with pleats, which I had never attempted before, and elastic ribbon to make a headband.  Phew!

A pretty little make-up bag

The book bag I made from Christine's fabric gift.

A delightful little headband I whipped up tonight!


1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you found a use for that fabric! Very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!