Friday, March 11, 2011

California One

I am currently packing up to get ready for a pleasant, long road trip down the west coast.  I am looking forward to the beautiful Pacific Coast.  Hopefully we will steer clear of any tsunamis.

Here's the plan.  Hood River, down to Portland then taking highway 1 along the coast all the way to San Luis Obispo.  From what I hear it's delightful drive.  I cannot wait to see all the green and experience the clear air.  Not to mention I haven't been to California since I was six!  Also, I'll be meeting the majority of Erik's extended family which is terribly exciting.

It makes me think of the Decemberists song..

Take a long drive with me
on California One, on California One.
And the road a-winding goes
from golden gate to roaring cliff-side,
and the light is softly low
as our hearts become sweetly untied
beneath the sun of California One.


I will be sharing my journey for the next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!