Thursday, March 24, 2011

Responsible Living Resources

Today I wanted to pass along some blogs and other information related to natural housekeeping and frugal living that I've found helpful and inspirational.  I think we all know that it's not always easy to keep a home without all the household conveniences and a little extra encouragement from others can really help.  Because making your own soap, hand-washing dishes and hanging your laundry can be tiring and it's tempting to just buy soap, stick those dishes in a dishwasher and toss the laundry in the dryer.  But in the long run, we all know it's worth it because we're choosing the responsible route, saving money and the planet.

Keeper of the Home is a blog I stumbled upon a few days ago as I was looking for suggestions to do grocery inventory and meal planning.  Stephanie is a wonderful woman offering advice on all areas of natural homemaking including gardening, pantry cleaning, organization and making your own cleaners.  She also home schools, which is something near to my heart and offers helpful tools for the home schooling mom.  While I do not always agree with her religious opinions, her website is brimming with useful information that can be called upon often.

Adventures in Diapering and Beyond has a little more to do with raising children responsibly, but is still a great tool for housekeeping information.  I have often referred to this website when trying to help my sister and friend find some resources for cloth diapers, making your own baby food and other things.  Morgan also has some home schooling information.

Living on Less offers daily money-saving tips and links to coupons and other resources that help you save money.  She has quite the following!

The Frugal Girl features Kristen,  a woman who is "cheerfully living on less."  I love all her money-saving tips, gardening advice, and how-to's that include how to make yogurt.  She is an inspirational woman and has a real presence about her, even online.

This post from Organized Home offers several recipes for natural home cleaners.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alexis,

    I had to stop on by after I saw you mentioned Living on Less, I'm a follower of hers as well. I so love your blog header!!
    Now I have new sites to check out thanks to you. I've become a follower to see what else I can learn.

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexis!! :) Thank you so much for listing me as one of the blogs you read, that is so sweet! I am glad you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. I have been so remiss in visiting blogs the past couple of weeks, I am sorry its taken me so long. I loved your article on slowing down and enjoying life, its very true, I refused to take a job that required me to work every weekend because life is just too short and no one was ever on their death bed saying "gee, I wish I had worked more". My dad always told me to enjoy what ever I decided to do for a career because I was going to be doing it for a very long time, I am lucky that I enjoyed almost every minute of my working life. Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis,

    Thanks for linking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bernie, thank you so much for stopping by and becoming a follower!

    Morgan and Coupon Queen, you're so welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!