Friday, May 25, 2012

This week in crafting land..

Not only was I busy cooking, but I wanted to keep on spicing the house up.  The living room/dining room area is especially lacking in the decor department.  Here's what I did!

I found this DIY for yarn covered wine bottle vases and decided to give it a go.  I always knew there was something I could do with wine bottles but never had the inspiration--until I found someone else's idea!






Another DIY that I found was how to tint your own mason jars--because buying them is expensive!  I got some globbed mod podge at the bottom, but when they're filled with flowers or stones, you can't tell.








And finally, for the new table I pulled a few ideas in.  I've seen tons of people using cake stands to use as a centerpiece but those are expensive.  I just took one of my plates and hot glued a candle holder to the bottom.  It worked out pretty well!  And you can see one of my homemade tinted jars is on the table, too.


I linked up to Not Just a Housewife's link party

4 comments:

  1. ohh, i love that DIY. have to do that soon! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many fun little projects! I've been wanting to try the tinted jar DIY, yours came out great. :)
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah, you're so crafty- especially with the whole making your own cake stand. that's pretty impressive! i really like the yarn around the wine bottle idea, it turned out really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! the jars look amazing, i love doing crafts so much
    im following :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!