Thursday, May 3, 2012

More Entryway Projects

This week has been full of projects and it's been awesome.  Whether it's finishing up school projects (which are now done!) or household projects,  I've been busy doing one thing or another.




Here is my most favorite of the week.  I found my inspiration on Pinterest several months ago and thought it was such a neat idea.  Mine isn't an exact replica, but I took the idea and ran with it.


















I had so many scratched up CD's around the apartment that I've just been dragging from one place to the next, attempting to find a use for them.  Once something has expired from it's original use, I try to find a new one.  The fabric was left over from when my sister and I made bunting flags for my wedding.  As a side note--don't put that project off if you ever decide you must have bunting flags at your wedding. 



Another project I worked on this week was a wreath for the inside of the front door.  Using scrap fabric and some yarn I purchase over the winter, I think it goes well in this space.  I remembered having seen something use newspapers and weekly ads to create the base for a wreath, but I cannot seem to find the original tutorial.  So I just kind of made it up as I went along.  It's slightly lopsided, but I chose to leave it that way as I think it gives a nice "imperfect" look.




So that's the kind of thing I've been doing lately.  What about yourself?


freckled laundry

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!