Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Simple Joys



I created this card to send off to a set of grandparents on Erik's side of the family.  We received a card from them last week and thought they might enjoy a return card.  I'm also trying to send out more cards and letters, so I rotate around to who gets a little "thinking of you" card or note.  

I love this stamp.  The saying pretty much sums up how I'm attempting to live life.  Here is one simple joy.




I made a zucchini and goat cheese frittata from a recipe in Sophie Dahl's book and we also enjoyed a little fruit salad made up of pears and strawberries.  Of course, a full french press of coffee was in attendance.




In my haste to get moving on the food before it got too cold, the photos got a little hazy, but I still love the look.  How can one deny the beautiful simplicity of this meal?  I truly enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like one of Grandma's stamps. "Joy" is one of her favorite words...
    Great job on the card! ~ Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely came from her :). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!