Friday, April 20, 2012

Week in Review


This week was so delightful.  I don't know what it was, other than I kept a really nice routine while not feeling like I was doing the same thing day after day.  I'm not really "unpacking" as much as before, but rather doing all the fun things of making the house look nice with the stuff that's outside a box.



5.6.



I need to remember to do more with Instagram during the week.  I feel like so much happens and I don't end up with enough pictures to prove it.  I'm also trying to figure out how to do collages without requiring an free online collage creator (which truly limit options).  I would love some ideas!

1. On Sunday, I had to go rescue my phone from Waikiki (over a 30 minute drive on a good day) so we decided we better make a day out of it and hit up the famous Waikiki beach.  This was the first time we had gone and it was really nice, even though very crowded.  We won't go often, but I think once a month or so might be in order.

2. The big assignment for my personal finance class is putting together a filing system for all your important documents.  I love this class because it's all so incredibly relevant.  Anyway, I pulled out all my documents that had been packed away in boxes and the new ones we had gotten since moving, found all my files, separators and manila envelopes and got to work (all while watching some really cheesy romantic drama).  I still need to label everything all nice with pretty paper and all, but it's almost done!

3. After organizing my DVD's in alphabetical order, it was clear that we had purchased two copies of Inception and Harry Potter 3 and 4.  I think I knew about the Harry Potter oversight, since I'm pretty sure they had become so scratched I couldn't watch, but Inception?  This is a classic example of why organization is important.  We have moved so many times while still doing a million things that I hadn't taken the time to really organize much of anything.  I'm certainly going to do a better job now.

4. Banana muffins.  My first baking project since moving.  I was so excited :).  I didn't want them in the house so after keeping one for myself I sent them off to work with Erik.  

5.  I am so sad I forgot about this one last week and really had to add it to this week's review.  Erik bought some flowers for me "just because" on the way home from work one day.  It was super sweet :).  

6.  Last Saturday, we went hiking at the Aiea Loop Trail and it was awesome!  We were in a million environments at once.  At one point it was like the pine mountains of Idaho, the next a rainforest and even further a eucalyptus forest.  All within a 4.5 mile hike!  Not to mention at some high points we could see the freeway, the ocean and skyscrapers.  Living on an island such as this makes for interesting living.

Woah.  Word heavy post.  I just couldn't help myself I suppose :).  Like I said, it's been a good week.  I hope you have such a super weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!