Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pizza Friday #2


Pizza Friday has been successful so far.  Last week I made a mixed mushroom pizza from the Vegetarian Bible, a cookbook full of honestly good vegetable recipes my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas one year.

The recipe called for curd cheese, which I think actually meant quark.  Quark is something I tried in Germany, a little like sour cream or cream cheese.  There isn't a true equivalent in the U.S. so you have to go to a specialty store (i.e. health food store) and I just wasn't willing to do that last week so cream cheese it was.  



I also had a good opportunity to use my oregano plant for the sauce!  I was such a happy camper out there clipping away a few sprigs.  How nice to be able to use your own fresh herbs that you've been growing yourself.  Herb gardens are something I would definitely suggest to anyone.


Have a fabulous Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Just found your blog {saw you followed mine-thank you!} and love it c: I'm a Vegetarian as well :D

    Following c:

    xoxo
    ~Brooke {via The Dove Tree}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so neat, I find so many vegetarians with awesome blogs :).

      Delete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!