Saturday, April 9, 2011

Busy weekends=Lots of projects

As I said yesterday, I figured out how to make some underwear, only they didn't fit too well.  I tried again today and I could actually get them on!  I'm incredibly proud.  I promise not to post anymore pictures of my undergarments, but love sharing with you that I was actually able to get something to work.  Elastic is such a pain.  I figured out that not putting it on the leg holes is a good idea to save money, since it isn't incredibly necessary.  Just finish the edges and it's fine!

I've been working on many projects over the last few days.  One is an apron I really wanted to make out of some used pillowcases I picked up from Goodwill.  I cut them open, doubled the pattern and stitched it up over.  I eyeballed the pattern, which made the strap around the neck a little too long, but that's okay--it still works!  The photo is a little blurry, so just so you know, it's an ivy patterned fabric.


Another project was dressing up a dress that I purchased from Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago on clearance.  It's a beautiful dress, but it needed something extra.  I plan to add a tie around the waist, but for now I just added some flowers.

Before
After

And finally, a new headband (of which I absolutely love).  I made the flowers from an organza wrap I found at Goodwill and the band is one I've had for a while.

Work was a joy *sarcasm*.  There are so many people in town for various University events and work was incredibly busy.  Sewing was my escape for the day (as you can see).  An interesting note, I was asked to be the interviewee for the staff employee section of the co-op newsletter for next month.  I'm not sure how I feel about it, but at maybe I can get the word out about my Etsy shop this way!  Have a fantastic rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Funny that you just made an apron...yesterday I told Chris that I was going to ask you if you might make me an apron if I purchased the fabric and thread and whatnot. ;)

    I bet work was terrible yesterday. Stupid Moms' Weekends and Vandal Fridays. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love finding treasure at the Goodwill, we have a couple of thrift shops here and my friend Jen and I need to plan an outing soon! Hope you have had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!