Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Settling in


This photo is from our lanai (back patio area).  It's so pretty here!


I have settled in as much as possible right now.  We're still waiting on our things to arrive and it will take another week before we'll have internet in our home (which is essential for someone taking online classes).


But we have gotten most of our important things done.  Found a local bank, hopefully the DMV to change our licenses over and perhaps the library today.  Located the nearest coffee shop (very important) and done a decent grocery shopping trip at Whole Foods (one of my happy places).  






Since we're waiting on our entire kitchen, I have tried to figure out how to cook with one cast iron skillet and serve it all in a bowl for each of us.  Everything has turned into a bunch of mixed up stuff.  But it's still tasty!  Above is a bit of kale, portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, feta and toasted slices of a baguette.



I received a little birthday money from my mother-in-law the day before we left the mainland, so I couldn't help myself from entering Forever 21 when we checked out one of the many malls.  I found this cute little lace top for a steal.  Clothes shopping always makes me feel more at home :).

Even though it's been a difficult transition, I'm doing my best to stay positive.  It's all just one big adventure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!