Thursday, March 29, 2012

Just a tiny bit of assistance

           Amazon

Considering my current position is Domestic Engineer (we're a household full of engineers here), I've been trying to figure out how to do this job the best I can and one thing I love to do when trying to do something better is find lovely books on the topic.  One book I found helpful is "Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping Home" by Cheryl Mendelson.

I appreciate Cheryl's detailed approach with all things home related.  Cleaning isn't just what this book is about, but also home safety, cooking and one of my favorites--caring for books (a lost art, no?).  

My favorite chapter is the first one, all about getting into a routine.  If there is one thing I enjoy, it's some sort of routine even if it is a little scattered.  I'm not a strict schedule setter but having semblance of similarity to my daily doings makes my brain (and soul) just a tiny bit calmer.

Now, why must I spend so much time learning about the homely arts?

Because I enjoy it!  I don't know if I'll be in this full-time position forever, but considering the fact I have yet to find a job in the area, I may as well work with what I've got.

What books of instruction do you enjoy?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!