Friday, March 23, 2012

One skillet meal

Considering the fact that I'll be without decent kitchen supplies for another week, I wanted to post some "cooking a meal from one skillet and putting it into a bowl" pictures.


I usually sauté the most tough vegetable first, in this case, the potatoes.  Once I finished with that, I split those potatoes into two bowls.




Chopped up a leek and some cabbage, which were both nearing expiration dates and cooked those.



Nothing like a tablespoon or two of bleu cheese dressing to add just the tiniest bit of flavor and make it feel a little "creamy."



For dessert, a bosc pear with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of feta.  Since we don't have plates, washed yogurt lids are a great substitute.


We eat outside every day--it's where are only table is located!  Happy Friday :).

2 comments:

  1. Even if you don't have plates or an indoor table, the meal looks delicious! Good luck with unpacking and transitioning in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we certainly need the luck with our unpacking :).

      Delete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!