Thursday, July 5, 2012

Recipe//Avocado, Bean and Corn Salad

I've been a little absent lately.  After browsing the web so much, I begin to feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of information and great things available.  There are times when I think I don't have much to offer, that everything is a little unoriginal.  I'm not very good at coming up with ideas on my own, as I need a little creative nudge most of the time.

I've realized I'm a creative cooker, though.  Everyone knows about my lack of ability to correctly utilize a cookbook.  I love having them there, but I'm not very good at using them.  I may not come up with some crazy new recipe, but I make a lot of original dishes.  So perhaps I'm not creative outside the kitchen, but there is something about me that is unique.


Here's a delicious salad/dip recipe for your next summery event!

Avocado, Bean and Corn Salad

Ingredients
2 Avocados
1 15.5oz can Corn, drained
1 15.5oz can Black Beans, drained
2 large Tomatoes
1 small Onion
1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
5 cloves Garlic
2 Limes
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper 

Directions
Chop avocados, tomatoes and onion and place in a medium bowl with corn, black beans and cilantro.  Mince garlic cloves and place in bowl.  Roll the limes to soften, then quarter them and squeeze over the bowl to get all the juice out of the fruit.  Add chili powder, salt and pepper and stir until well mixed.  Chill and serve either as a salad or with tortilla chips to dip.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! This looks great. I love avacado with anything!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!