Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey

Today's prompt: Turkey

What exactly does a vegetarian do for Thanksgiving (or any holiday, for that matter)?  I refuse to give in to this Tofurkey business.  If you're going to have a pretend turkey, just go ahead and eat the real one.  I cannot even imagine the taste of that tofu-based fake poultry.  No thanks.

I like to dig in to squash, mashed potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce.  Pretty much absolutely everything but turkey.  While some may find this a mortal sin, I certainly do not miss the gigantic bird.  Waking up at 5a.m. to get that darn thing in the oven doesn't fit with my sleep schedule.  It's a holiday.  Sleep should not be interrupted by early morning cooking.

And to be honest, I never cared for the taste anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I am not a vegetarian and I never eat turkey (or mashed potatoes for that matter) on Thanksgiving. In my opinion it's too boring. Thankfully, our large family gathering always consists of a dozen or more side dishes and salads to choose from. Moral of the story: It's OKAY to not eat turkey on Thanksgiving. You are still an American. :) I love you~ Auntie Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!