Thursday, November 25, 2010

Another odd holiday

I have experienced some interesting holidays, to say the least.  When my family moved to Twin Falls, we were destined to enjoy most festivities on our own.  For Thanksgiving, however, we did choose to make the trek back to Washington.  What an adventure that was.  On the drive back we experienced freezing fog, freezing roads and a whole lot of snow.  Eventually we stopped 1.5 hours from home to wait the storm out until morning.

There have been several Christmases on my own, a birthday abroad and several exciting New Years adventures (without regards to the one very intense Halloween).  So this year when the Pacific Northwest was hit with a lovely snowstorm, I shouldn't have been the least bit surprised.  Erik and I have stayed home, celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday on our own with a visit or two with a few friends.

I am most thankful that I am not alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!