Sunday, November 21, 2010

Klondike

Since I didn't make it to blogging yesterday, you get two blogs in one day!

Today's prompt: What would  you do for a Klondike bar?

Here is the thing.  I have never actually experienced the supposed greatness of a Klondike bar.  But I sure have experienced the advertisements and catchy jingle that usually accompanies said advertisements.

I think the fact that the slogan for Klondike is a writing prompt says a lot for the amount of control the media has in our society.  To assume that every person has heard that little jingle (which is likely 99% accurate) means that we are all up to our ears in advertisements.  There is no way to escape.  And it is to our detriment.

What would life be like without it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!