Thursday, June 2, 2011

No sleep tonight

Last night, after a long day of work and school I plopped sleepily into bed and what did I do?  I definitely  did not go to sleep.

I was designing tops for myself.

I have a whole bunch of leftover jersey fabric from my underwear escapades and I realized that creating a boatneck tank top that was red from the waist up and cream from the waist down would likely be exquisite.  I could hardly keep myself from getting up and cutting out the pattern at midnight.  

 Inspiration for this piece was way too much reading about Coco Chanel's obsession with jersey fabric and the film "When Paris Sizzles" that features Audrey Hepburn.  She wears the most delightful tops that seem to float.  

So we'll see how it turns out.  I would include some photos so you could see what I'm envisioning, but for some reason uploader isn't working.  Perhaps it's the torrential rain we're experiencing here today.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!