Well here it is. Spring semester is over and for those who mark seasons by their school schedules, it is now summer. I am taking summer classes, so it isn't quite as fabulous as it is for others but I am enjoying it just the same. The weather has been more enjoyable lately and we're even hosting a BBQ this weekend in celebration of our move and to celebrate the beginning of a great time.
I saw on Fit Foodie Finds a Summer list of sorts and I thought I should make my own. Goals for the summer and things that I just want to do in my spare time. Here is what I have come up with.
1. Walk. Every single darn day. It is so pretty here, there is no reason to not take at least a half hour jaunt to enjoy the pretty flowers and greenery. Plus, I could use the extra exercise.
2. Learn how to garden. Even if it's just a few little potted plants, I need to hone this skill. I just hope the squirrel doesn't eat all the green stuff and leave my plants to nothing.
3. Feel good in my swimsuit (and shorts). I stole this one from Fit Foodie Finds. Every Spring I eat too much which leads to a poor self-esteem in Summer clothing. I am bound and determined to feel good in my swimsuit and feel capable of putting on a pair of shorts, which was not possible last Summer. The varicose veins sure don't help, but I figure if I can tan up enough they aren't as visible. I refuse to let my self-esteem and laziness get in the way of cooling off this Summer.
4. Get up before 10a.m. Until June 25th, this won't be a problem since I have class at 8:30a.m. every day. But last Summer, since I had no job and nothing to do I pretty much slept until 10:30a.m. or even as last as noon every single day. I will not waste my mornings this year, no sirree.
5. Enjoy time. Take advantage of the cool evenings. Relax. Read books. Sew. Write. Do all the things I want to do in my spare time when I have the spare time. Don't waste it.