Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year


This year has been another adventure.  I changed my major at the last minute, turned 21, moved into a new apartment and celebrated my very first one year relationship anniversary (trust me, this is a big deal).  It's been full of growing, changing and learning how to be the best I can be.

Challenges are always facing happiness.  Financial instability and depression can really get in the way of life satisfaction.  Fortunately I have figured out ways to combat these problems.  I've got a new job and I've learned how to deal with my feelings of self-loathing.  My life is far better now than it was a year ago.

This year I want to focus on my yoga practice.  I love going to classes but I've never had a solid, regular home practice and I would like to develop that.  Not only does it provide excellent physical activity but also gives an opportunity to ground, to balance, to love.  Teaching elementary school isn't in the cards anymore, but I would like to become a yoga instructor in the future.  I want to share what I have learned, to give back.  This requires learning how to become disciplined enough to have a regular practice.

I hope this will help my discipline in other areas of my life.  We shall see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!