Thursday, December 2, 2010

Career changes

My job has changed.  Ever since I was 11, I either babysat, cleaned houses/churches/businesses or food service.  For the first time since 11, I will not be taking care of children, cleaning or serving people their food.  I am ecstatic.  


It makes me think of how people can stay within the exact same field for their entire lives.  I wonder if I will ever be satisfied doing the same job for the rest of my life.  People do change their career several times during their lifetime.  Why in the world do we go to college for one career when it is likely that we will just change it 10 or so years down the line?


It is frustrating to enter this time in your life when you really have to choose what you're supposed to be doing for the next few decades.  You really do have to be an adult.  You do have responsibilities.  And those choices you make will effect the rest of your life.  It's a daunting task.


No wonder we have a a huge on campus counseling center.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!