Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Halls

I couldn't contain myself.  My entire house is decked out in "Christmas Cheer" complete with 45ft of lights, ribbon and greenery all over my walls, a tinsel covered tree and a "gingerbread" house (I cheat and use graham crackers).

I'm not quite sure what inspires people to go so all out crazy with this decorating business.  No matter how much I tell myself that it will just be over soon anyway, that it's a waste of money, etc. I just cant help the excitement I feel.  It reminds me of the start to all this Christmas business, when the trees were a reminder that it wouldn't be winter forever.  I think we all need this time to enjoy some part of winter, to remind ourselves that the sun will indeed come back.

It will be warm again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!