Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I just want to be home

It's been a while.

Once I made it through the treacherous finals week, I took a good four day vacation to the mountains.  Skiing and enjoying a cabin in the woods was just what the doctor ordered--Until I couldn't stand being away from home.

It's so odd how vacations don't turn out the way we hope.  There is an unfortunate "grass is always greener" issue that tends to come up, where once you get where you want you realize that you would just much rather be at home.  I love the  mountains.  I love beaches.  I love going places.  But sometimes my tiny apartment feels much better, no matter how much I want to leave town.

So I try to remain content wherever I am.  I just find it harder than I imagined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!