While my summer is a little different than many others, I still feel the change in attitude and heart from summer to autumn. School has started again, things are becoming busy, and we've been getting more rain. It seems the excitement of lazy days in the grass or by the pool, eating popsicles and listening to Foster the People on repeat is fizzling out. Death Cab for Cutie and Alexi Murdoch are beginning to dominate my music time, these days. Even the variety of produce is dwindling.
I welcome the change, for one cannot live without it. As season moves to season, I say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. It's an exciting time, full of new beginnings. But for the time being, we're all in a transition, still with one foot in summer and the other in fall. So here are some things to do as we move.
1. Preserve some of summer's bounty image via Weeping Cherries
2. Add flannel and boots to your summer shorts. image via Kenza
3. Make the most of still available summer produce. Try Heirloom tomato panzanella with poached eggs.
4. Listen to Codes and Keys by Death Cab for Cutie. The perfect pair of happy and melancholy.
5. Find some warm berry tones for your closet. image via asos
6. Take a walk. image via Ashley Akers
7. Go swimming one last time. image via Pinterest
8. Host an outdoor dinner party. image via Pinterest
9. Make sangria. image via Myrecipes.com