Monday, August 27, 2012

New recipes








I've been on a total cooking rampage lately.  Despite how limited my time has become with the start of school, I'm trying to find as many new recipes as possible.  I came across Homemade while looking through some cookbooks Amazon suggested.  It's a beautiful book full of great recipes, exactly what I look for in a cookbook.  This last week I made fondue and limoncello and both turned out beautifully.




Sundays tend to be the fancy brunch day, so yesterday, I made crepes for breakfast and considering the ample amount of leftovers, I put together a savory zucchini brie filling and had more crepes for dinner!  I altered a spinach and brie filling recipe from Culinarious and want to share.

Zucchini Brie Crepe Filling

1 large zucchini
3 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic
1/2 yellow onion
2 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1/2 lb brie, rind removed
salt and pepper to taste

Wash and grate zucchini and set aside.  Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a deep-sided pan and sauté the garlic and onion until onion is translucent. Add the zucchini, and stir until heated thoroughly. Remove zucchini mixture and set aside.

Using the same pan, melt the butter, then add the flour to make a paste.  Cook until bubbling being careful not to let it brown.  Pour in the milk, dissolving the paste, and stir in the cheese. Allow the cheese to melt, then add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. If you need to thicken, dissolve a few teaspoons flour in equal part milk, and stir into the mixture.  Spoon mixture onto warm crepes and enjoy!









2 comments:

  1. Mm this looks delicious! I love your blog! Maybe we can be blogger friends? Check out my blog and let me know if you want to follow.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It was really delicious :).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!