Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's been a busy week here, as I've started my last semester (yay!) and needed to spend time getting myself organized.  So far, so good, and I'm incredibly excited that this is my final semester.  Now to just get through it without too severe a case of senioritis.

Last night, a friend and I went to the Death Cab for Cutie concert in Honolulu.  When I stated that the first time, I thought "Oh my goodness, a death cab concert---in Hawaii!"  Once we got there and they started playing, I became overwhelmed with complete peace and contentedness.  I have some great life-long friends, an amazing husband, a beautiful place to live and incredible music to listen to.

What I thought most about the feeling it gave me, was the importance of music and its connection to emotion.  I adore Death Cab and they hold a special place in my heart, especially certain songs, because their lyrics are so..emotional.  As a person who truly feels, I am often moved by pieces of music, either from true musicality or lyrical genius.  And in some cases, both.

Music is, for me, essential.




A quick snippet of one of the best moments last night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!