Sunday, January 2, 2011

Breaking Facebook's Heart


Today I disabled my Facebook account.

It isn't completely permanent, but for the next two weeks I will see if I really can survive without online social networking.  The reason?  Time.

When I open my computer, the first site I log in to is Facebook.  Am I doing anything important?  Of course not.  I'm scanning to see what people have said since the last time I was on.  I'm letting everyone know what I'm doing, planning, feeling in 150 words or less.  I'm posting pictures of my latest adventure.  It all sounds like great fun, but when it's taking up hours of time that could be spent actually doing something (baking, reading, exercising, writing) things need to change.  I should be spending my time bettering myself, becoming a successful person instead of "Facebook stalking."

Could detachment really mean change and success?  I sure do hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Now you can just become a blog stalker like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave up mine too. 1t's a relief to have it gone!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!