Thursday, June 24, 2010

Inspiration; From book to film

My favorite book of all time, "Eat, Pray, Love" is being taken from it's beautifully written memoir and adapted to film.

The story follows Elizabeth Gilbert, a woman in her early 30's who, after a dreadful divorce and following relationship decides to go on a journey of self-discovery.. literally.  She travels to Italy, India and Bali'i.

I was heavily influenced by this woman's story, as I felt I could really connect with how she was feeling and what was going on in her life.  How she is so impacted by finding spirituality and bringing it to her life and being able to figure out who she is, her alone, without the men she was with, is something I could relate to.  And needed to.

I am greatly looking forward to seeing this movie.  When the fear of it being ruined by filmmakers attempting to make it more "exciting" drew me to see what Elizabeth Gilbert herself had to say about it, my fears were put to rest.  She states that those involved with the movie-making process are dedicated to keeping the film true to the book as they have also been deeply impacted by what it has to offer.

"Eat, Pray, Love" Trailer

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book. I'm going to look into it. :) Thanks for the updates. ~ L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I think you would like it :). You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!