Monday, January 19, 2009

In Detroit

Here I am, in the Detroit airport.  I get to chill out here for the next 4 hours.  I haven't slept in a bed since I woke up at 6 p.m. from a three hour nap I had.  As difficult as it is to do though, it's nice to be able to sleep on the plane.

I've got to say, I feel like a ridiculously stupid person going through security.  They don't tell you what to do with everything, just expect that you know.  It's a good thing the woman was nice about it.. I would have felt rather impatient with myself if I were her.

I can tell you all right now, I'm very nervous.  The end of this next flight will have me in London where I don't know my way around one bit.  I am thankful I get there at 7 a.m. when there will be plenty of daylight available.  

Then I will sleep for hours.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexis,
    At least when you get to London, they'll speak English! Actually, in most countries in Europe anyone under the age of 65 probably can converse in English.

    I remember we were pretty nervous the first time we went to Europe, but everyone was very helpful. You'll do fine.

    Love,
    G'Pa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!