Monday, November 28, 2011

Sitting

Over the last few months, Erik and I have been experiencing huge life changes.  We've moved way more than I would like to remember, gotten engaged and then married, purchased a new car and now Erik is graduating and in the process of looking for a professional career position as an engineer.

I'm worn out.

Things are getting stressful as we transition from student to real-life grown-ups.  There is just something about getting out of school that creates a different outlook, even though I've been taking care of myself for years.  We have no idea where we will end up, or if I'll be staying here to finish my last semester or trying to transfer to another university that offers a similar program to the one I'm currently in.  No way to plan, no clue as to what to do next.  Sitting on my hands isn't what I do best.

But I sit.

I know I've mentioned this before, but learning how to be happy in the moment and not always focusing on what will happen next is something I have never found easy (which is why I bring it up so often).  I want to be 18.  I want to be done with this semester.  I can't wait for this day to be over.  After a while, I will have wished my entire life away and I'll end up 85 years old wondering when I've ever been happy with the present moment.

So through all this craziness, through the life adjustment and uncertainty, I'm learning to just sit and enjoy.  Enjoy my husband, my health and my craftiness.  My home.  My job.  My life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day even brighter and happier than it already was. I just love hearing what you have to say!